I think we all find the holidays to carry some type of stress with it, the most important thing is to manage that stress and not let it overwhelm you. I find that taking some time for yourself is so important and will help with that stress. Make time to go out for a run, even a long walk is good if you can't get out do a short workout at home, something to get that heart rate up, some sweat going and a little pump of endorphins to help ease that stress.
A sweat session helps in so many ways:
- Gives you an energy boost
- Lifts your spirits & makes you happy
- Burns calories
- Helps you perform better in other areas of your life
- Increases your memory
- Warms you up on those cold winter days
- Allows you to eat that cookie or two.....
Last Minute Gift Ideas!
- Believe Training Journal - I really like this journal for tracking my training and pushing towards those goals!
- SPIbelt - I take this on almost every run and love the sleek look of it, I wear it under my shirt on my waist and no one even knows it is there and it holds my phone, keys, money and my GU.
- Run Fast. Eat Slow is suppose to be an awesome book filled with great recipes that keep the runner filled up as well as satisfied. I don't own this one yet but have hear Shalane & Elyse speak on a podcast and loved them, so check it out!
- This water bottle fits nicely in your hand and even has a little pouch for a NUUN or energy supplies.